|By Liz McMillan||
|April 2, 2013 09:00 AM EDT||
“By making this source code easily accessible on GitHub and providing open APIs such as NFS and ODBC, MapR is ensuring that end users have available an open and flexible, enterprise-grade platform for Hadoop,” said Tomer Shiran, director of product management at MapR Technologies, Inc., as MapR announced the availability of source code on GitHub, making it easy to access and modify components in the MapR Distribution for Apache Hadoop.
“MapR is committed to supporting the Hadoop ecosystem and to providing an open enterprise-grade Hadoop platform,” Shiran added.
The MapR Distribution combines over a dozen different packages for Hadoop. The source code for these packages, including MapR’s fixes and enhancements, is now publicly available on GitHub at https://github.com/mapr/. In addition, MapR is releasing binaries, source code and documentation in a public Maven repository making it easier for developers to develop, build and deploy their Hadoop-based applications.
The following Hadoop-related projects are included in the MapR Distribution and are available on GitHub:
- Apache Hive
- Apache Pig
- Apache HCatalog
- Apache HBase
- Apache Oozie
- Apache Flume
- Apache Sqoop
- Apache Mahout
- Apache Whirr
All MapR fixes and enhancements to these projects are available as open source, complete with version tagging.
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- i-Technology Predictions for 2007: Where's It All Headed?
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- "Mobile Web 2.0" – How Web 2.0 Impacts Mobility & Digital Convergence
- "Real-World Flex" by Adobe's Christophe Coenraets
- The OpenAjax Technology Vision: Accelerating Customer Success with AJAX
- A Compelling Ajax Discussion in New York City
- SOA World Expo: Enterprise Mashup Services
- Coach Wei's "Direct From Web 2.0" Blog: The Converging Developer Community
- Implementing SOA Without Enterprise Mashups? You Might As Well Kiss Your Job Goodbye!